Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Gil Kane Punch of the Week 23: You Are Fighting--The Hulk!

Digging through some comic boxes this week, I happened to find my old, beat-up copy of Marvel Comics' Captain Marvel 21 (Aug. 1970), written by Roy Thomas, with art by Gil Kane and Dan Adkins. My copy has a cover that's barely attached, and half the back cover is missing, but it's still got some punching going on in it, as Mar-Vell takes on The Hulk!



Mar-Vell gives Hulk everything he's got, but, in typical fashion, Hulk takes the white-haired Kree warrior down with one backhanded slap.

Also, if you're a fan of things that are awesome, and you want to hear the sound of my voice, then check out the latest War Rocket Ajax podcast. Chris and Euge do a great interview with Chris Roberson, writer on the Fables spin-off, Cinderella: From Fabletown with Love. I come in at the end to share some more details about the trip to South of the Border that Chris Sims and I took about 10 days ago (though it seems like a lifetime). We also talk about the earth-shattering news regarding Fake AP Stylebook's mention in Entertainment Weekly, and I give some bad pedagogical tips and lay a deft, sick burn on Mr. Sims. So, check it out!

1 comment:

Naked Bunny with a Whip said...

Mar-Vell kinda resembles Captain Atom.