Monday, May 24, 2010

News and Updates

I first wanted to let readers know that it will be a few days before I update with the next Exile on Main St. annotation, but after that, I hope to do them fairly regularly. Also, I want to take this time to make a few announcements.

I recently got my contributor's copy of Encyclopedia of Comic Books and Graphic Novels, edited by M. Keith Booker, from Greenwood Press.

So, if you want to find out what I have to say about Black Condor, Richie Rich, Hellblazer, Marv Wolfman, and/or Gil Kane (beyond what I already have said about Kane in this blog), then you can stop by your local library and check it out. Or, if you've got $144 to burn, you can buy yourself a set on Amazon.

Here's a taste of what I had to say about Richie Rich:
Covers to Richie Rich comics usually depict the boy using money for purposes other than currency: he carpets his floor and decorates his walls with it, he plays in piles of bills, and dollar signs often appear in his presence. Covers also depict Richie treating other signs of wealth, like gold, jewels, and oil, as playthings.


And despite my hatred of Richie Rich, the entry is completely objective.

And speaking of things to which I'm contributing, The Bureau Chiefs site continues to feature my regular essays on cult movies, so if you're disappointed with the paucity of content here, you might want to check that site out. Also, you can now buy Fake AP Stylebook merchandise straight from the Bureau Chiefs at our Zazzle store.

Finally, in less than a couple of weeks, I'll be heading to HeroesCon in Charlotte with my good friend Chris Sims. I might have some Bureau Chiefs stuff to give away there, so if you want some, stop me and say, "Hi!" Or say "Hi!" even if you don't want anything. I also may be spending some time hanging out at the Action Age Comics table with Chris and the gang there.

No comments: