Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday Night Fights: The Return of Aparo Style

It's Friday night: time for another edition of Bahlactus's Friday Night Fights! If you're watching WWE Smackdown! tonight, and you look real carefully at the crowd, you just might see Chris Sims and me cheering from the stands. We're pretty easy to spot: I'm wearing a bright green shirt, and Sims is the only one cheering for Finlay in a stadium full of Batista fans.

Tonight's Friday Night Fight comes from The Brave and the Bold 152, courtesy of Bob Haney and Jim Aparo, and it features one of the fightingest covers in Aparo's career.

In this issue, Batman fights a lederhosen-clad pack of thugs, while Atom punches a bag of gold (Atom hates that gold!).

The story is titled "Death Has a Golden Grab." I'm not quite sure what a "golden grab" is, but I did pay $10 for one in Singapore once. I don't remember anything about it, though, and the next day, I woke up in a pool of my own sick, and, for a week, I could only sit on an inflatable sheepskin pillow.

Nothing in the world makes me happier than watching Batman and the Atom beat on a bunch of guys in lederhosen, so let's take a closer look.




That guy's nose is now smelling the back of his throat.


Batman and Atom double-team on an uppercut!

Heed the call of Bahlactus!

No comments: