Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Houdini fights a robot

Sorry posting has been light lately, but I'm just now getting back up to speed after the harddrive crash at the Dr. K Home Office. And now, this just arrived in the mail from Kino Video, and I don't think I'll be doing much else until this is competely flipped:



Contained in the Houdini boxed set is an incomplete 1919 serial titled The Master Mystery, in which Houdini plays a government agent named Quentin Locke who fights a robot named Automaton, while also seeking a cure for a disease called "The Madagascar Madness." This better be nothing less than the greatest thing ever.

The set also features three other full-length Houdini adventures, and a bunch of footage of real-life Houdini escapes.

Find out more here. I will report back to you when I'm done.

No comments: