Friday, January 29, 2010

The Gil Kane Punch of the Week 31: Taste Fisted Flesh!

As I mentioned the other day, I've really dropped the ball the last couple of weeks on the Gil Kane punches, so I'm going to try to do some catch-up here with this glorious page from Warlock 3 (Dec. 1972), written by Mike Friedrich and inked by Tom Sutton.



Friedrich's dialogue on this whole page is just fantastic--it seems written specifically to match the dynamic action of Gil Kane's style. I know the next time I punch somebody, I'm going to open with "Taste fisted flesh and feel defeat drip down your throat!"

I'd like to thank pal Bully at Comics Oughtta Be Fun for sending me the scan of that great page. And I'd like to take this opportunity to invite any readers who might have favorite Gil Kane punches to send in scans--any contributions will be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr. K, if you say that to someone the next time you throw a punch, you can bet s/he will think you're coming on to him/her. Or just that minus "to."

Disgusting!