Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dr. K's Halloween Countdown Presents: Sugar and Spike!

Sheldon Mayer's classic series Sugar and Spike regularly featured seasonal covers, including one for Halloween nearly every year of its long publication. As the Halloween Countdown progresses, I'll be posting some of my favorites regularly. Here's the one from issue 49:


(Cover scan from Cover Browser.)

When I was a kid, I used to love hitting the houses that handed out money for trick or treat. I remember one year going home several times to get a new mask so that I could hit another time a house giving out baggies full of pennies.

As regular readers of the blog know, my love for Sugar and Spike has caused me to take some extreme measures in order to convince DC Comics that publishing a Showcase Presents volume of Sugar and Spike reprints would be the equivalent of printing money.

Also, check out Sugar and Spike's Twitter feed!

No comments: